You may choose to volunteer for a variety of reasons, but here are a few of our favorite benefits to volunteering:
- Volunteering is good for your health. No, we aren’t making this up! Studies show that volunteers live longer, have reduced stress levels, and are healthier.
- Volunteering at Basically Babies gives you the chance to make a difference and positively change someone’s life in your own community.
- You will meet new people, make new friendships, and feel a sense of belonging as you work side-by-side with others benefiting a common goal…”outfitting newborns in need”.
- It’s fun!! How can you not smile as you sort tiny socks and sweet baby outfits? At Basically Babies, we recognize that our volunteers are our most important resource. So…we put extra care into planning our volunteer events as we celebrate all that our volunteers mean to our organization. (You won’t want to miss our volunteer kickoff event each fall…it’s a blast!)
Some of the many ways to volunteer at Basically Babies:
- Join our regular volunteer team on Mondays or Wednesdays each week as they sort donations, size/inventory tiny clothes, launder layettes, and assemble the contents into the beautiful finished product ready to clothe a newborn for their entire first year
- Attend a regularly scheduled work night once a month (Calendar of Volunteer Events 2018-2019 ) and sort donations as well as help with other warehouse tasks as needed
- Organize a group of your own (corporate, church, school, sports team) and arrange with our office for a special work day or work night planned just for you and your gang
- Help with a fundraising event such as our annual Mother’s Day Brunch and Silent Auction
- Talk with us about volunteering to organize a donation drive for some of our most needed baby items