Our work is accomplished by a great team of committed volunteers working together to outfit newborns in need. We would not be able to produce our layettes without the help of dedicated volunteers; we greatly appreciate your interest in joining our team! The following describes out current volunteer opportunities.
Evening Volunteer Opportunities
- What: Once a month we run a Work Night where work night volunteers come to help out with a wide variety of inventory-related tasks in the warehouse. This is a great way to see what goes on here at Basically Babies and learn a bit more about the whole process while meeting others and enjoying great snacks, a signature part of Basically Babies Work Night volunteering!
- Where: Basically Babies warehouse @ 14839 118th Avenue, Edmonton
- When: Work Nights are scheduled from 6pm to 9pm. Our Calendar of events 2019-2020 FINAL outlines all of our upcoming Work Nights.
- How to Volunteer for a Work Night: To volunteer for a work night, you must register by sending an email to email@example.com or using the form below with the date you are interested in attending and how many people we can expect, if you are with a group. We will then add you to our list for that evening, as well as our email list so we can keep you informed of other upcoming volunteer opportunities.
Daytime Volunteer Opportunities
- What: Daytime volunteers are involved in every aspect of our production cycle. Volunteers are trained to sort and size clothing donations, and may subsequently also complete other warehouse/inventory tasks. The required skills needed to volunteer in a daytime shift include:
- A positive attitude
- Ability to work independently after training
- Ability to uphold quality control standards by paying attention to detail
- Ability to follow instructions and complete tasks accurately in a timely manner
- Ability to stand, walk and move about for several hours (minimal sitting)
- Light to moderate lifting
Our daytime volunteers break for lunch around noon. We have a full kitchen with fridge, stove, microwave, coffeemaker and kettle. Most volunteers bring a bagged lunch and enjoy eating lunch together with other volunteers.
- Where: Basically Babies warehouse @ 14839 118th Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta
- When: Mondays and Wednesdays between the hours of 9:00am and 3:00pm
- How to Volunteer: Please complete the form below to indicate your interest in volunteering . Once received, we will connect with you to determine your specific volunteer interests and provide you with a Volunteer Application Form via email. After the Volunteer Application Form review, Basically Babies may contact prospective applicants for an interview depending on current available Volunteer Opportunities. Following a successful interview, you will be notified of current opportunities and booked into our Volunteer Orientation sessions, held on the last Wednesday of each month. This Volunteer Orientation Session is attended prior to starting volunteer shifts.