Our work is accomplished by a great team of committed volunteers working together to outfit newborns in need. We would not be able to produce our layettes without the help of dedicated volunteers; we greatly appreciate your interest in joining our team! The following describes out current volunteer opportunities.
Evening Volunteer Opportunities
- What: Once a month we run Volunteer Work Nights where work night volunteers come to help out with a wide variety of inventory-related tasks in the warehouse. This is a great way to see what goes on here at Basically Babies and learn a bit more about the whole process while meeting others and enjoying great snacks, a signature part of Basically Babies Work Night volunteering!
- Where: Basically Babies warehouses: Edmonton @ 14839 118th Avenue and Calgary @10, 1826 25th Avenue NE
- When: Work Nights are scheduled from 6pm to 9pm. Our Calendar of Edmonton Volunteer Special Events 2022-2023 FINAL and our Calendar of Calgary Volunteer ^0 Special Events 2022-2023 FINAL outline all of our upcoming Work Nights and other volunteer events for the fiscal year.
- How to Volunteer for a Work Night: To volunteer for a work night, you must register by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or using the form below with the date you are interested in attending and how many people we can expect, if you are with a group. We will then add you to our list for that evening, as well as our email list so we can keep you informed of other upcoming volunteer opportunities.
Daytime Volunteer Opportunities
- What: Daytime volunteers are involved in every aspect of our production cycle. Volunteers are trained to sort and size clothing donations, and may subsequently also complete other warehouse/inventory tasks. The required skills needed to volunteer in a daytime shift include:
- A positive attitude
- Ability to work independently after training
- Ability to uphold quality control standards by paying attention to detail
- Ability to follow instructions and complete tasks accurately in a timely manner
- Ability to stand, walk and move about for several hours (minimal sitting)
- Light to moderate lifting
Our daytime volunteers break for lunch around noon. We have a kitchen/bistro area with fridge, stove, microwave, coffeemaker and kettle. Full-day volunteers bring a bagged lunch and enjoy eating lunch together with other volunteers.
- Where: Basically Babies warehouses: Edmonton – 14839 118th Avenue and Calgary – 10, 1826 25th Avenue NE
- When: Shifts are available Mondays – Thursdays between the hours of 9:00am -12 noon and then 12:30 – 3:30pm
- How to Volunteer: Please complete the form below to indicate your interest in volunteering . Once received, we will connect with you to determine your specific volunteer interests and provide you with a Volunteer Application Form via email. After the Volunteer Application Form review, Basically Babies may contact prospective applicants for an interview depending on current available Volunteer Opportunities. Following a successful interview, you will be notified of current opportunities and booked into our Volunteer Orientation sessions, which are scheduled as needed. A Volunteer Orientation Session is attended prior to starting volunteer shifts.